OK, with 55 days until Opening Night at Ogren Park Allegiance Field, 53 days before the season opens in Helena; we come to find out that Osprey radio voice Ben Catley was actually right about something …
– Former Osprey reliever Evan Scribner made his Major League debut on Tuesday for the San Diego Padres against the Atlanta Braves. The move was made Monday by the Padres, and Scribs appeared in the game the next night. He pitched two innings in his debut, allowing two hits and a walk, but no runs. And, apparently, it wasn’t smooth travel for him, either.
– Injuries are starting to inflitrate the Florida Marlins’ outfield. May give former Osprey infielder-turned-utility specialist Emilio Bonifacio more playing time.
– Here’s some inside the numbers stuff from Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic on some of the former Osprey in the minors.
Speaking of the minor leagues …
Minor League Update:
– Triple-A Reno: Enjoyed a scheduled day off on Wednesday.
– Double-A Mobile: Rained out … again … at Jackson.
– Class A Advanced Visalia: Adam Eaton had two hits and three stolen bases, while Yonata Ortega picked up the win in relief as the Rawhide bested Bakersfield, 10-7. Ortega and Diogenes Rosario combined for four shutout innings, and the Rawhide scored six times in the top of the ninth inning to come from behind for the win. David Nick and Rossmel Perez had two hits each for Visalia, while Chris Owings homered in the win.
– Class A South Bend: Rained out at Bowling Green.
Today’s schedule and former Osprey in the probables …
AAA Reno (13-6) vs. Tacoma
AA Mobile (12-6) at Birmingham – Starters TBA
A Adv. Visalia (8-12) at Bakersfield – Trevor Harden gets the start tonight for the Rawhide.
A South Bend (5-13) at Great Lakes – Bradin Hagens will get the ball for the Hawks.
Turns out that the information we had for the Hawks and BayBears on Wednesday’s post was for … well, Wednesday. We were a little early.