Notes for July 6
It’s getaway day in Helena… and the Osprey are trying to do something that has been rare for them since the 2007 season – take four games on a road trip. In fact, the last time they won four or more games on a road trip was in 2009, when Missoula went 5-2 through a swing of Billings and Helena. The Osprey also went 5-2 in a swing through Casper and Idaho Falls during the 2007 season.
The best road trips, since 2007:
– August 3-9, 2010 – Osprey went 3-3 in Great Falls and Billings.
– August 28-September 3, 2009 – Osprey went 5-2 in Billings and Helena. That run started a streak of nine wins in the final 15 games, which enabled Missoula to clinch the wild-card berth for the Northern Division playoffs.
– June 28-30, 2008 – The Osprey won two of three in Helena, including winning 1-0 on a no-hitter on June 30. The Osprey would only win 17 more games the remainder of the season.
– July 11-17, 2007 – The Osprey went 5-2 through Casper and Idaho Falls. This trip included the club’s first-ever triple play.
– The Osprey want Josh Parr at the plate against the Brewers – he’s hitting .400 (8-for-20) this season against the Brew Crew.
– Sans for a pinch-hit appearance, Tom Belza has been on fire as of late. The pinch-hit miss ended up in what would have been a seven-game hit streak, all of them the multi-hit variety. Including the pinch-hit appearance against Great Falls, Belza is 15-for-32 (.469 batting average) in his last eight games, and his current five-game hit stretch have all come with two hits or more in each.
– Helena has three players hitting over .300 against the Osprey … first baseman/DH Parker Berberet (.333 – who is not in today’s starting lineup for the Brewers), Robbie Garvey (.304) and Yadiel Rivera (.320, 3 HR).
– You will see an update on this tomorrow, but here is the comparison between road and home games for the Osprey pitching staff, as it relates to strikeouts:
Home: 67 IP, 91 Ks – 12.22 Ks per 9 innings pitched.
Road: 82 IP, 80 Ks – 8.78 Ks per 9 innings pitched.
Starting lineups coming shortly … as this gets posted, we’re about a half-hour away from departing the hotel and heading to Kindrick Legion Field. Remember, Robby Rowland is today’s pre-game interview.