Lineups, setting habits and notes
Before anything else … it’s harder on the body to forget a routine than to establish one.
First, tonight’s lineups from Great Falls …
MIS starting lineup: 1. Fidel Pena (DH) 2. Tom Belza (RF) 3. Eric Groff (2B) 4. Jon Griffin (1B) 5. Ryan Court (3B) 6. Stephen Cardullo (SS) 7. Roidany Aguila (C) 8. Ty Linton (LF) 9. Breland Brown (CF) Enrique Burgos (RHP) GF starting lineup: 1. Randall Thorpe (CF) 2. Kyle Eveland (3B) 3. Joe De Pinto (2B) 4. Mark Haddow (RF) 5. Jimmy Jacquot (1B) 6. Kevan Smith (C) 7. David Herbek (SS) 8. Michael Earley (LF) 9. Andrew Douglas (DH) Blair Walters (LHP)
Now, some news and notes …
– Chris Jarrett (2010) has opted to retire. The former Osprey outfielder was hitting .198 in 83 games with the South Bend Silver Hawks this season.
– Over a two-day span, right-handed pitcher Blake Cooper (2010) was promoted to Class A Advanced Visalia and right-hander Randy Hamrick (2010) was promoted to South Bend.
– C Raywilly Gomez (2009) was also removed from the 7-day DL and reactivated on the South Bend roster.
– OF Jeremia Gomez was activated off of the 7-day DL by the D-backs on Sunday. He is resuming normal activity at a quick pace it seems, so we shall see when he gets back into the lineup.
– OF Chris Ellison is being worked back in to normal activity, and may be available to play during the upcoming homestand.
Also, one more thing … guess who has a 13-game hit streak? Fidel Pena, who extended his streak with a three-hit game on Sunday. He and Eric Groff (24 games) have the two longest current streaks in the Pioneer League.