There have been a few roster moves involving former Osprey throughout the D-backs’ system over the past few days. A summary …
– OF Adam Eaton (2010 Osprey) has been promoted to Triple-A Reno from Double-A Mobile.
– RHP Chase Anderson (2009) is back healthy and pitching in Double-A Mobile. He pitched two-hit ball over four innings in his first start on Wednesday, but also had three walks and five strikeouts while surrendering just one run. Eury De La Rosa (2009) came on and pitched 1 1/3 shutout innings in Game 1 of a doubleheader at Montgomery to pick up the win.
– Anderson comes in and takes the roster spot of 2B David Nick (2009), who has landed on the 7-day DL with an injury. Right-handed pitcher Bryan Henry (2007) has also landed on the DL.
– Ryan Court (2011) was moved from Class A South Bend to Class A Short Season Yakima. Court, for now, is back in Arizona at Extended Spring Training.
– Two other players on the DL – right-handed pitcher Jeremy Erben (2010) and outfielder Ollie Linton (2008).
Three other players have been released by the D-backs in the past couple of days – right-handed pitchers Casey Upperman (2090-10), Miles Reagan (2008-09) and Daniel Stange (2006). Stange was the most surprising, being a right-hander with Major League experience. Upperman’s growth was slowed by injuries, while Reagan battled control issues throughout his stints with both Missoula and Yakima. However, Reagan will forever be a part of Osprey history – he started the game back on June 30, 2008, which was the most recent Osprey no-hitter, a 1-0 win at Helena.
Ironically, none of those three pitchers are in the D-backs minor-league system – Reagan was released, Jesse Orosco moved on to the Padres’ organization after being released in 2009 (not sure he is still there) and Bryan Shaw is currently in the Arizona Diamondbacks’ bullpen.